Hello and help please

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Wigglyamps, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Wigglyamps

Wigglyamps New Member

Hi, new to the forum and looking for a little help if possible, a family member has given us a 'wedgwood' tea set, trouble is we can't locate the date mark accurately, if anyone can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully the pictures are embedded in this thread.

Attached Files:

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

upload_2018-3-30_7-27-26.png

AJefferson and Wigglyamps like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, @Wigglyamps !! Well, you said "pictures" (plural), but we see just one, so if there's more, hit "Edit" and add them, making sure they are UNDER 1 MB, and BEFORE you hit POST REPLY, tap the very TOP of the images that says (I think) POST ALL IMAGES FULL SIZE......Thanks!!!!! Those 'in the know' like to see as much of the images as possible!!!!

5. pewter2

pewter2 Well-Known Member

HELLO CLUTTERED CLOSET49..your mark was used on porcelains from from 1878 through to 1891 when the McInnley act made it compulsory to add country of origin to all wares after 1891 ...you may find an impressed mark , under glaze which enables you to date exact year of manufacture...As a guide ..from 1878 the date letter G was used, continuing through to 1890 when S was used....it nay be hard to find so try wiggling it around to different light positions ...my reference is Goddens Encyclopedia of Pottery and Porcelain Marks where . mark as shown is No 4091....and welcome.....regards ...pewter2

6. pewter2

Sorry .. this should have been addressed to @Wigglyamps..my apologies clutteredcloset49....it is me that should have the "'confused'' motto.....well it is 03.27 am over here ...I am going to bed now...regards to you both ...pewter2

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings...

Christmasjoy and AJefferson like this.
  8. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

That should be the McKinley Act
    Good info pewter.
    Confusion is a normal state for me, so I forgive you;):)

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Wigglyamps!

11. pewter2

THANKS MATE !!

12. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Greetings!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member