Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by flintlock, Jul 15, 2015.

1. flintlock

flintlock New Member

hello, I'm new to the forum and have a keen interest in most antiques. I have a very limited knowledge of antiques but am keen to learn as much as I can.
    Thanks
    John

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Welcome! There are some amazingly knowledgeable people (in an amazing array of subjects) on this forum, and what they don't now they will ferret out somehow!

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, flintlock! Lots of queries and knowledgeable folks here to learn from. Even those who've been into antiques for decades learn something new every day!

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers, John! :)

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

6. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard John!

KingofThings likes this.
  7. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!

KingofThings likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

welcome

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Hello Hello! So glad you found us!

KingofThings likes this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi John,
    I hope we don't scare you off, we are a nice bunch. Just reading the replies for a second made me feel like an AA group. We do have a jovial group, thank goodness.
    greg

11. sneezer

sneezer Noob

heyy I'm also new! could someone help me out, I don't know how to make a thread. i came here because recently I got a few items of value I THINK

12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bradley! To start a thread, go to the sub-forum that covers the kind of item you want to ask about (like Furniture, Jewelry, Militaria, etc.) As you are viewing the list, at the top of the list you should see a blue button that says Post New Thread . Click that and you're in. If you have an item that doesn't seem to fit into one of the sub-forums, just use the Antiques Discussion forum.

Since I gather that you have multiple items, start a thread for each in its proper forum to ensure that you get the right eyes on it.

13. Tina

Tina Member

14. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bradley!

I hope you've been able to post a thread with the instructions a number of us have posted for you? If that's not working, you might want to contact one of the mods. Just click "Members" at the top left to see the mods listed under "Staff" on the right side of the page. Click one of their names, and then click "Start a Conversation" on the box that pops up.

15. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Greetings, flintlock!

Draft saved Draft deleted