Heathstone Cleaning Pitcher and Basin - 1888? - Pristine Condition

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by inTHEpast, Jul 20, 2021.

1. inTHEpast

inTHEpast New Member

Another recent gift from my grand ma and I can't really find out a lot about it any help would be greatly appreciated!
    blue-picher-1888-sharing.jpg

pitcherbottom01.jpg

Almost all of the files but those were too big to upload and I don't have time right now to make them smaller, going to link some google drive picture folder, I will however get some smaller ones to upload on the forum as well tomorrow.
    In this same folder the full images some are, 2448x3264 pixels and you can really see all the fine details and see for yourself that it is in amazing condition.

Thanks so much I look forward to reading your replies!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ji1hdRjdH5KmriZg49H8Hl2C-gVYI5FH?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

According to the internet, the 1888 is the date the company started and is part of the mark.

Debora

LauraGarnet02 and Figtree3 like this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

From what I remember reading somewhere, wood wash stands such as shown by @Houseful, and Heatherstone pitcher/basin combos were popular/sold in the 1980s as antique reproductions.

In general, pitcher and wash basin combos are a hard sell. They're big/bulky for display and no longer serve any use. There are exceptions, of course, for high end true antiques.

EDIT: Note that the name is Heatherstone, not Heathstone as you call it in your post's title. :)

Fid, Houseful, LauraGarnet02 and 3 others like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

What is the size of the pitcher/jug?

6. Figtree3

I hadn't even noticed the basin until you mentioned it! The pics are a little dark... Maybe the later ones won't be. I see that "basin" is in the title of the post, so it's all my lack of noticing.

LauraGarnet02 and bluumz like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hope this is a little closer to the dark blue one you posted....maybe the flash didn't go off?? Love the blue though......

blue-picher-1888-sharing-A.jpg

LauraGarnet02 and Figtree3 like this.
  8. inTHEpast

inTHEpast New Member

Thanks so much for the info everyone, I knew based on the condition that it wasn't going to be from 1888 (dang it). It is still an amazing looking set and I had assumed that it was a replica of an actual tool from before modern piped water was a widespread thing.

I wish I hadn't flashed those pictures but it was late, dark in the basement and I had just got home with 8 boxes of stuff from my grandma (which I still have to get sorted and photoed!) My grandma officially told me that I was to receive EVERYTHING that is hers and made her WILL say that today....I was so moved by the gesture that I'm still not over it....haha anyway I will retake pictures on request otherwise I'm going to work on getting some (and I have a lot) of other items posted on the forum :)

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. inTHEpast

inTHEpast New Member

10. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

The best idea to allow the most people to view your items, please post them here.

Lots of us here won't click on outside links.

Aquitaine likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

Hi @inTHEpast, as mentioned just above, most members won't click on outside links, so your best bet will be to post future images in the GALLERY here on this site showing above in the brown bar next to FORUMS!! Just be sure they are each under 1MB!! Thanks!!:):)

Figtree3 likes this.
  12. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

How lovely, lucky you!!

Or upload them directly into your post using the "Upload a File" button below the text box! :)
    I email my photos to myself after I take them. During that process, my iphone allows me to make them smaller. Then I open the email received and save the new smaller photos to my photo album.

Aquitaine likes this.
  13. Aquitaine

@bluumz, do you know, is it JUST the iPhone that lets you do that????

AND @inTHEpast, I DO stand corrected.....your FIRST choice should ALWAYS be to post your images directly into the forum you are posting in!!!!

Figtree3 and bluumz like this.
  14. Figtree3

On my old Android-based phone, the *email* app prompted for resizing, but the *gmail* app did not. So if you are using a gmail account through the gmail app it does not automatically prompt to resize. However, it is easy to use the camera and gallery apps for resizing. You have to do that first before emailing, so a few more steps are involved.

I now have a newer Android-based phone and couldn't get the *email* app to work with one of my old email accounts that is not gmail based. It worked fine on the old phone. So I can't speak to whether the email app on Android still automatically prompts for resizing on newer phones.

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted