Hawaiian deity with six arms?

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by lauragarnet, Sep 3, 2015.

1. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

ALFRED-SHAHEEN-HAWAII-ALOHA-DRESS-LABEL-TAG-LOGO-SIX-ARM-GOD-GODDESS.jpg
    This is the logo on an Alfred Shaheen of Hawaii dress label. Is there an ancient Hawaiian god with six arms, or is this supposed to be the Hindu god/goddess Kali?

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's something Hindu anyway. Irish name, Hawaiian shirt, Indian goddess...that ought to be some shirt!

3. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I loved Hawaiian shirts. I wore them all through the 60s and 70s. I started wearing them again in the 90s. I bought my last one in 2009. The ones now are polyester and the designs are lousy. I really miss my old shirts, worn out and too small now.:sour::sour::sour::(:(:(:(:eek:.
    greg

5. evelyb30

If you buy Tommy Bahama ($$$) they come in silk too. A friend loves Hawaiian shirts, but I found out he doesn't do the synthetics either. I just gave away an old Hawaiian shirt, but it was pretty darned small. One size bigger and I'd be wearing it myself.(LOL)

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have only a few silk ones most of mine have been Rayon. I have such an allergic reaction to any polyesters. I used to love my hospital scrubs but when they started out with polyblends, no more scrubs. The same with regular shirts I can do cotton but when they started adding polyester, it was like wearing a plastic garbage bag. I hate hate hate hate polyester. I used to say polyester was the fur from the Spam animal. I must say, I love Spam sandwiches, especially grilled and on whole wheat with mayo. Did I say I am a food junkie???
    greg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I wasn't aware Spam was considered ....food ! :rolleyes:
    My late teen years were made possible by polyester Pierre Cardin neckties....

8. evelyb30

I react to animal fibers, and sometimes to polyester. It should be worn with naugahyde pants; a lot of naugas gave their hides so we could have cheesy, tacky recliners and really ugly clothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted