Featured Have this "Huld's Puzzle Series No. 1-d © 1905, 4 Alligator postcards".....it's

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Aquitaine, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

complete, both sides! One of those "Progressive mailings"....Just checked ebay and they have one on there for a decent price (asking-forgot to check SOLD-JUST checked--NOT SOLD $194.99!) ....picked up in '68 in one of Mom's B.I. house clean outs.....Oh the fun we had!! The sender mailed them just 2 days apart, and was apparently received....and we got to save it! Now, what to do with it! But here it IS:

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Wow! Fantastic! No one in your family would want it? It would look great framed.

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That is so cool. I never heard of this before.

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

That's a great set of Postcards.Sorry,but by the way-what's a B.I. House ?

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

This is one very cool set! :)

Aquitaine likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@bosko69, Where we grew up summers as kids....Block Island, RI. You can Google it....In the '50's property was cheap then and my Mom was able to buy OLD decrepit houses that had been mostly either abandoned or taken for taxes after the war.....Mom was an antiquer and collector....and we got to help....and so it began!! Parents wound up buying one of the oldest houses on the Island in about 1952, and restoring it....they sold it in 1988 along with the remaining acreage then that they'd acquired along the way.....short version!

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything like this. So cool! Your mom had great things!

antidiem, Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If no one in the family wants them, I'll bet they would sell handily to anyone in Florida, Louisiana etc.

Aquitaine likes this.
  10. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

The National Hotel in downtown Old Harbor.Block Island is very beautiful,a fairy tale coast for kids to grow up !

Aquitaine likes this.
  11. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

What a fun set. I would find room for that just for the novelty ( but not at those prices) I have had thousands of post cards over the years but never seen one like that. Interesting how "back in the day" they frequently sent post cards with no message other than what was printed on the card.

Aquitaine likes this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

What a cool set! Cute idea! You'd have to really love alligators, though. ...

Aquitaine likes this.
  13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Oddly I just saw a clip frame the right shape, and about the right size, to showcase those cards in their proper layout. Ikea retailed it, so it might be worth looking. Found it in the local ReStore so who knows if it's current production.

14. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Def put "Louisiana" in your auction title. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted