Handel round metal wall plaque, signed by who?, etc..

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by tyeldom3, Aug 4, 2017.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

George Frideric ( or Frederick) Handel. At first glance I walked right by this at the thrift store, because I thought it was one of those brass wall plaques that usually don't have much value, but I backed up to take a second look because it looked a bit different. It doesn't appear to be brass, but a thin metal that is not magnetic. The front area by the nose looks like a copper color underneath, but i scratched the back and it looks (I think) like silver colored underneath.
    It is signed/marked on the right shoulder with what looks like JULABAER, and I've tried looking for different variations of the name with no luck, and no luck on finding anything else like this plaque in my searches. Any & all help appreciated, thanks for your time.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

2. tyeldom3

Well, I found who the signature is
    JJ Labaer....it wasn't until I was looking at this post that I thought the first 2 letters could be 2 J's, and indeed it was, lol.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Jul A Baer? Maybe Julius?

Ah! Now that you've seen it, I can too!

yourturntoloveit and tyeldom3 like this.
  4. tyeldom3

5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Glad you figured out the sig...just have to say that the close up of the eyes is giving me the heebie jeebies.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Never look into them.:cool:

tyeldom3 and aaroncab like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

8. tyeldom3

Great Fig, thank you so much! No, I had not seen those already and had not yet figured out what those initials were short for, thank you! :)

Figtree3 likes this.