Handblown Art Glass Vase Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Diggummup, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

I would guess this is a single flower vase. The hole at the top is very small measuring only 3/16" in diameter with an uneven lip. It has a signature on the bottom that appears to say "Brienz" which is a town in Switzerland, however when it comes to deciphering signatures it's a crap shoot. The style/shape looks mid century Scandinavian to me. The dimpled sides are connected on the interior. It stands approx. 7 1/2" tall. The blue has a bit of iridescence to it, especially around the bottom. Just a random art glass vase or something better?

I guess it's possible it was made by a private individual glass blower from Brienz. Just wondering why they would sign it (and date it) with Brienz, and not their name. Brienz has a population of 3000 people and is known for wood carving. I'm still not convinced it says Brienz.
    The nearest (and only) glass factory in Switzerland is in a different town 32 miles away. The "Glasi" glass factory in Hergiswil, Switzerland. It didn't come from there.

IMG_7219 (608x1280).jpg IMG_7220 (1124x1280).jpg IMG_7219 (608x1280).jpg IMG_7220 (1124x1280).jpg IMG_7221 (1280x1102).jpg IMG_7222 (1280x955).jpg IMG_7225 (1280x628).jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

dgbjwc, Figtree3, Jivvy and 3 others like this.
  3. Julianne Brienza

Julianne Brienza New Member

My Dad made that, Barney Brienza. He was born in Orange, New Jersey he now lives in Yuma Arizona! Enjoy!

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Julianne!
    How nice, Thank you for joining. :)

dgbjwc and Julianne Brienza like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted