Featured Hand painted glass vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marzena, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Marzena

Marzena Well-Known Member

There is no trail of mark, every tondo is painted with a different floral composition. I have no idea where to start: what I have here?
    20190923_123826_resize_6.jpg 20190923_123835_resize_91.jpg 20190923_124009_resize_25.jpg 20190923_130414_resize_80.jpg 20190923_123925_resize_46.jpg

2. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Unique!

Marzena and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Marzena

Thank you both!

5. Marzena

Ok, I've learnt, that it may be rather a bottle than vase, and that this decoration are called medallions rather than tondo -), will try to search it once again )

6. Marzena

Ok, forgive me returning with this bottle again, but i think i know now more and want to update: holding the bottom against the light I've found this, what i think is the trail of mark, it looks like m letter. Is it possible, that this is a remain of Moser mark?
    20191008_114008_resize_67.jpg

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The flat paint doesn't say Moser to me. I'd expect the decoration to be a bit more refined. I think you are correct, though, that it is a bottle. Whether a small decanter or part of a dresser bottle set would depend partly on the size. The paint may have been added as an afterthought after the stopper disappeared so that it might work as a vase. You may be able to tell if the inside was ground for a stopper but most likely the paint covered up the grinding marks. It's unusual.
    Don

Marzena likes this.
  8. Marzena

Thank you. Agree with Moser, I didn't meet its glass covered whole in this kind of enamel/ paint, I think also about vintage/ modern bohemia item ( I mean this from czechoslovakia after WW2), yours idea is also very likely. Will try to find more, this is frustrating to not know what you have (at least for me ))

9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. The bottle itself is probably vintage but it may have been bohoed at any point. Can you see anything under the paint? I'm wondering whether the glass is crystal, milk glass, or something else. Any hint to a pattern in the glass itself?

Marzena likes this.
  10. Marzena

Glass seems to be transparent, with no pattern, but I will check it more carefully tomorrow with daily light and will try to sent some pics here. Thank you)

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted