Hand Blown Twisted Candle Holders

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Roger67, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

Hey guys found a few things at a thrift store but before buying any of it I would like to get you're opinions. These are hand blown twisted candle holders, the tallest one is about 22 inch tall and the other one is just a little bit shorter. I didn't see any marks. Maybe want they might be worth if anything. Thanks guys for all you do. Sorry about crappy pictures best I could do in store. IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0231.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Roger67

I don't know what that stopper thingy is. Don't think it goes with candle holder.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Stopper thingy = snuffer, possibly missing some kind of handle since most snuffers are L-shaped and handle is at least 6x length of bell.

For values look at eBay closed auctions for similar item. I get the feeling the set is late 20 th or 21st. C. Mfg.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    KingofThings likes this.
  4. Roger67

Thanks springfld.arsenal I really don't think that snuffer goes with the candle holders really doesn't match to good.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Could the snuffer actually be a bell that lost its clapper? Sometimes the clappers were just glued in and came out when washed.
    Don

6. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

To me the "snuffer" looks like the stopper that doubled as a pony glass on a small beside decanter:

index.jpg

I have one beside my bed in the event I need a swig of "medicinal" brandy.........................

dgbjwc and komokwa like this.
  7. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Probably not a snuffer come to think of it-I haven't seen glass snuffers-they'd be sooty-looking if used.

Draft saved Draft deleted