Guys any of you familiar with this watch brand??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mariyan perera, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Mariyan perera

Mariyan perera Well-Known Member

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Looks like a run of the mill 1970s Swiss make, as a 'brand' it never made it. Probably a decent quality watch, but no real collector interest. I have never encountered an example as far as I recall.

KingofThings and Joshua Brown like this.
  3. Mariyan perera

Hey what do you mean by run of the mill? sorry about the delay afantiques was outstation.. By the way just for information, how can you say the watch is of decent quality

4. benbenny007

benbenny007 I buy rubbish, and sell antiques

Im a vintage watch collector but never heard of this brand so can't be something special.

A painting can also be of decent/decorative quality, painted on/with quality materials and techniques. But if the artist is unknown than it hold only that value.

Does your watch has a gold case colored back or a silver colored back? More than 90% of the watches with a gold colored back case are solid gold. If your lucky than the value can be in there.

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

By the way just for information, how can you say the watch is of decent quality

The jewel count is typical for an automatic watch of average quality. I can't be sure of my reading of the dial but it looks like 21 jewels, it really does help if inscriptions are copied our for us old half blind but experienced people.
    The whole Swiss watch industry was making decent quality watches in this price bracket at the time this was made. It is reasonable to assume this is one of them. Otherwise it is not really distinguishable from many, many other minor brands (which usually used a few generic movements from ESA.
    If working these watches (generically speaking) are quite popular today as they are reliable accurate and a bit retro.
    Values depend on condition and are broadly the same for any make except the premium ones.
    Get a couple of spring bars and a leather strap and you are good to go.

Bookahtoo and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Mariyan perera

Hey thanks a lot people. i will upload the backs of the watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted