guys any idea about these ceramics

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mariyan perera, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Mariyan perera

Mariyan perera Well-Known Member

I still did not get the images of the back of these. i will post them for sure as soon as i get it. any clue about its related dynasty? or its style? image-0-02-06-f93612637a130829e6987115c4b1241a83c941c7b659e9fdf4d272a1088d9cfd-V.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a matter of dynasties with these, I see mainly Japanese, and asigning porcelain to dynasties is unusual for recent Japanese. People usually talk about for instance early 20th century, etc.
    The vase is Satsuma, Japan. Others may know about the other Japanese porcelain.

But it is best to start a thread when you have all the pictures, it saves you and us a lot of time. And not just pictures of the back, but also details of the glaze, especially if you're wondering if something could be Ming.

Lucille.b and judy like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

But it is best to start a thread when you have all the pictures, it saves you and us a lot of time. And not just pictures of the back, but also details of the glaze, especially if you're wondering if something could be Ming.

Excellent point, AJ. This is good advice for anyone posting.

Mariyan, could we also see better close-up shots of the vase, including the base, etc. The vase looks like it has a applied features, just curious to get a better view of the sides. Thanks.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they're all nice....good eye !

5. Mariyan perera

Mariyan perera Well-Known Member

sorry guys. bit stuck with work these days. i for sure get you the images. by the way what do you mean by glaze. how to capture it?

6. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

see the pictures of all these blue and white, none of them are ming because of the color and pattern. Most likely all of them are republic period or after, need to see the back and detailed front pictures of each.

judy and Lucille.b like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted