Greetings from Hallandale Beach

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Garydh, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

I’m in Hallandale Beach Florida I love being on this board. I was using one of the antique and art sites on Facebook but they got a little too snotty for me and long story short I’m in Facebook jail for 25 more days …..

all_fakes, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Screw Farcebook...stay here !!!!

& welcome !!!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sometimes you gotta wonder. But welcome aboard!

Garydh, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

Ugh, Facebook.... never been a fan of that mess. Welcome... Let’s see how long you last here :hilarious:

Garydh, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome @Garydh . It almost feels like you're a longtime member, but I guess you were testing the waters, after facebook.;)
    No snottiness here, we all use tissues.:playful:

komokwa, Garydh and judy like this.
  6. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

OK what got me upset was I showed them this piece I had it turns out that it was a reproduction but it was a hand-painted reproduction so my comment was that’s OK it’s a painting I like it and the Comment I got back was yeah but it’s a cheap painting, just did not sit well.
    Love AAE47945-42B4-4D79-AF2B-D20004DCE0D0.jpeg the cows

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Sometimes you get comments you just don't need. I'm sure that can happen anywhere.

It is an attractive replica, I can see why you like it. Who cares if it isn't as valuable as the original one. You don't expect that of a replica anyway, so why would someone say it at all.
    To me, enjoying a piece is most important.

Garydh likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Oooookay...!
    Well then here's something you should keep in mind..

When you post a thread here.....anyone has the right to their opinion of the item & you have no control over what type of comments the thread may receive.

Our honesty is a hallmark of this site ...always in a effort to help...but may at times....for good reasons......be brutally honest.
    But as long as the comments refer to the item in question and not get into the area of a personal attack ...... most opinions , however they are stated ...are fair game !
    Falsehoods, errors, misleading information.....will all be challenged , but whether or not a member thinks an item is fake...good...bad...or ugly ....will stand.

Being on an open forum with members from around the world , requires a thicker skin , than say ...being at a family dinner where your 2nd cousin states that the wine you bought...is cheap plonk !!

:playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:...;)

( oh...& the addition of many ' playful' emojies ....suggests that this post is offered up in civil helpful manner...:).)

Garydh likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

... especially if it is cheap plonk. I actually don't mind cheap plonk; it makes great stew base!

As for the cows, my favorite part is the Eastlake frame.

10. Garydh

Garydh Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted