Green Glass Walnut Covered Dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, May 20, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_4580.JPG IMG_4581.JPG Anyone recognizes the maker's mark?

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I believe that's from Atterbury's Melon line, ca. 1878

Here's a catalog image of the table set.

Melon with leaves.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

You mean a repro, right? L.G. Wright.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Silly Me, I hadnt thought about that. The color does look 1970s. L. G. Wright didn't make anything they called Melon, I don't have pictures of the lines they did make, can't imagine scanning through every piece...Any others have opinions? I don't know that Atterbury didn't make that color.

Edit: Correct typo.

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Did find this in case you hadn't seen it

https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Recent-opaque-glass-covered-dishes

[​IMG]
    Fig. 10 LG Wright melon dishes from undated LG Wright catalog. Left to right: milk glass, transparent blue, transparent amber, transparent green. Reprinted by permission: The LG Wright Glass Company, J. Measel & WC Roetteis, © 1997, The Glass Press.
    [​IMG]
    Fig. 11 New melon dish by LE Smith sold through Martha Stewart catalog. This example in brown slag. Marked in mold with very faint script letter "S".

[​IMG]
    Fig. 12 Molded script letter S on new LE Smith melon dish. The S is for Smith Glass, not Stewart.

Draft saved Draft deleted