Featured Green depression glass at sale -- anything good?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

This is the only photo I have and a bit hard to see things. Sale starts tomorrow. Anything pop out here as something to grab?

greenglass.jpg

2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I believe the green canister jar at the very top far left is a Hoosier jar. They usually sell very well.
    Other Canister Styles (hoosiercabinet.com)
    Is that a handled pitcher with a juicer on top on the left side of middle shelf? Looks interesting

judy, Lucille.b, sabre123 and 3 others like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I agree with "crs" bout the canister.. I wish I could see better.

judy, *crs*, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

What is that light green item in the back on the right side top shelf of the unit?

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  5. Lucille.b

I'll check the canister jar out. I see the green pitcher, middle shelf left with what does look like a juicer. Will check.

This is a general estate company, I doubt they know Depression glass (could be wrong) but hopefully they know that prices in general are down. They may know to price the milky/green glass higher. Pearls I think that might be small covered dish? This is the only photo I have.

Time to do some research. Thanks CRS and Pearls! :)

judy and *crs* like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

Lucille if that is jadite, it might be good. If it is fired on light green glass with a clear cover that might be desirable as well. I had one in pink that flew out of my shop. It may have been Hazel Atlas.

judy, *crs* and Lucille.b like this.
  7. Lucille.b

@pearlsnblume Is this kind of thing signed or marked on the bottom?

judy likes this.
  8. pearlsnblume

If this is jadite, then it might have a stamp with Fire King or McKee. Or possibly a J for Jeanette glass.

If it is fired on glass than I don't recall that having a stamp on the base.
    I hope that helps some. I find many pieces of HA are not marked.

*crs* likes this.
  9. pearlsnblume

10. Lucille.b

Thanks, helpful. If it's marked Fire King they will be asking an arm and a leg. Our thrifts are marking vintage Fire King pieces at twice retail. The estate sellers might be doing the same.

I may or may not try for certain pieces the depression glass... in general I know more about other categories so I might do better shopping other parts of the sale first, but we'll see!

They had a small amount of jewelry that looked WAY over priced. Their limited online photos were blurry but there was a simple looking (possibly NA) piece with matching earrings, pretty basic, nothing special and I could see "$250" on the tag. They are calling it all "Native American jewelry" but it's a lot of Kachina pins, so who knows.

Still, I'll be there with bells on because it is an IN PERSON sale in my neighborhood! And hopefully they will have missed some wonderful treasure that I will snap up! :D:singing::):kiss::joyful::cigar:

judy, *crs*, Bakersgma and 1 other person like this.
  11. *crs*

Looks like a Jade-ite fridge dish. Good eye

Lucille.b, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. *crs*

@Lucille.b let us know how you do at that sale

Lucille.b, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I love the lamp.
    Mikey

Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. Kelly M.

Kelly M. Member

Take a black light, if it glows, get it! I'd take the lamp and the shakers for sure.

Lucille.b likes this.
  15. Lucille.b

I'll give a full report Saturday or Sunday. Spoiler, did not get the lamp, got a few things-- a bit of a story to go with it! Stay tuned.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  16. pearlsnblume

A cliff hanger Lucille, we will just have to be patient I suppose. LOL
    :p:p:p:p

17. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

Black light? What does that tell you if it glows? Does it apply to all depression glass? T
    Kelly, what does a black light tell you with depression glass? Does it do it with all colored depression glass?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  18. pearlsnblume

Here is my 2 cents on glowing glass regarding depression glass.
    I have never used that to buy or sell glass.

I buy something that is popular and I can resell.

I think some sellers over do it with glowing glass regarding depression glass.
    Better to know who made it, the condition and if it is collectible, desirable and reselllable That is unless you simply want it for show.

19. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Some yellow and green Depression Glass was made with uranium in the mix, and it glows an eerie green under black light, like this:
    GreenTubGlow.jpg

The yellow is called Vaseline Glass by collectors, the green is just called green uranium glass :)

Potteryplease and pearlsnblume like this.
  20. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted