Featured Great site for identifying printing processes

Discussion in 'Art' started by Pat P, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I found this site today, a "Graphics Atlas," an educational site maintained by the Rochester Institute of Technology that's a great resource for learning about different printing techniques.

http://www.graphicsatlas.org/

In addition to descriptions of a wide spectrum of printing processes, there are excellent visual examples.

A really great feature is that you can manipulate the images to see the back and edge of the paper, change the light source so you can see any texture on the surface, and zoom way in to see the printed surface in detail as if under a microscope.

Definitely an excellent resource for anyone buying or selling paper items... I know I'll be returning to it regularly.

2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Cool beans! Thanks for posting it!

Pat P and KingofThings like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Pat, That site was opened up about 2 years ago. I've mentioned it several times in response to people's posts.... maybe not here, but in the old place, and also on FB.

Thanks for giving Graphics Atlas its own thread!!!

Pat P and KingofThings like this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Messi and Fig, you're welcome! :)

Fig, I guess I never saw your posts... isn't it a wonderful site?

I should mention that the site covers processes used for photographs as well as prints, though I haven't looked at those pages yet.

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Yup, I wasn't back yet when you posted the link. I'm sure I would have checked it out when you did otherwise! :)

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Links are great. I know we sometimes forget (well, I have senior moments) so it's good to be reminded.

Pat P likes this.
  8. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Know what you mean about senior moments, Bev. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted