Graniteware Enamelware Soup Pot, Stock Pot, Canning Pot, Steamer?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by rknarr2, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a graniteware Enamelware but not sure what it is soup pot, stock pot, canning pot, vegetable or lobster steamer. The dimensions of the pot are 8 3/4" top opening dia. or 9 1/4" top dia side to side x 10" tall to the top of the handle. The small colander maybe vegetable steamer insert dimensions are 8 1/4" top opening dia. or 8 1/2" top dia side to side x 1 1/2" tall. The bigger colander insert is 9 5/8" top opening dia. or 8 3/4" top dia. side to side x 7 3/8" tall. In my research I have not found this combination set up and I would like help on
    a.) what this setup would be called
    b )what the 2 collanders are used for, too.
    c.) does the taller colander go with the pot, small collander and lid
    Thank you for your help. Rob
    IMG_6064small.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What you need to measure is how much liquid the pot holds to compare to others you see on line and also to properly list it. X ounces or convert the ounces to quarts.

Does the strainer (what you are calling the colander) rest on the top edge of the pot when inside? That is not a vegetable steamer insert, but should work well for removing pasta from the pot. It is unclear to me what that flat round piece with holes is for. It looks like it should have another piece that goes through the center hole

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. rknarr2

I put in 8 qts. as you can see from first pic. Yes, the longer colander outside edge rests on the top edge of the pot as you can see from 2nd pic and the top edge of the tamale / seafood steamer sets on an inside edge of the longer colander as you can see from the 3rd pic. I lifted the tamale / seafood steamer off the edge to show you the top of the edge from the tamale / seafood steamer and the inside edge of the longer strainer. The flat round piece with holes has sides on it. Rob
    IMG_6318small.JPG IMG_6319small.JPG IMG_6320small.JPG

5. rknarr2

thank you for the online resource. This one I have only holds 8 qts. but it does not diminish that the shorter is a tamale/seafood steamer. Rob

6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

JMHO. for couscous.

rknarr2 likes this.