Featured Grandma's ceramic? floral collection

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by flipper, Apr 13, 2020.

1. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Once again, my grandma came through with another interesting find. This little box was filled with these floral earrings and matching brooches. One brooch is a little different, but the others seem to be a little family. Can you share your knowledge about these fleur petits? All are from England. FLOW2.jpg FLOW4.jpg FLOW5.jpg FLOW22.jpg FLOW3.jpg

wenna, patd8643, bluumz and 3 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

1950s and 60s, I m very fond of these. Coalport and Anynsley made them too. Forget me nots and anemones.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very cute, flipper!

Christmasjoy, Lucille.b and Bronwen like this.
  4. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

My grandma seems to have been the Trifari queen. I found out only have she passed away that she was "well-to-do". She and my grandfather lived very modestly, never flashy or overstated. She was my best friend and an excellent mentor...even if we didn't share the same taste in jewelry!:joyful:

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I love English china and have a large collection of flower brooches and earrings just like yours. Not particularly valuable but they are beautiful!
    As Owned says these were very popular in the 1950s/60s, But some were made earlier as well as later. I also have some by Coalport, Artone, and even Royal Crown Derby. One of my more modern-ish pieces is by Crown English and came with a little paper insert.

8052A7A6-1D7F-4D56-BB39-65A41404514E.jpeg 4677A053-8B1D-414A-A5DF-BA2D6409E731.jpeg 25F46C35-89D3-4EB1-A66E-764AAFA8A1E0.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

These are really fun to see. Occasionally one will pop up at an estate sale, but never seen a collection. Lovely.

bluumz, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have one that belonged to my mother-in-law. It lives in a cupboard because it's not something I'd ever wear.

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted