Grace Line travel Poster - Real or Repro?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Grateful, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

This cruise line travel poster is like super-glued into the frame, so next to impossible to get out. Any thoughts on how to tell if it's real? It's about 15-1/2" x 11-1/4 (w/o frame border.) travel poster.JPG travel poster2.JPG Thanks in advance. It's painted (Note the "N" in Line. Someone's art project?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I think art student copy.
    900_Grace Line - South America Cruises.jpg

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is it printed on paper? Yeah, looks like it wants to be this. What does sticker on back say? Just from the fact that it doesn't depict the cruise ship in a realistic and appealing way leads one to believe it's not an official poster. (After all, "selling" the ship is the point, isn't it?)

Debora

b2572e05a80cd853e326bd25b45a2b3f.jpg

Figtree3 and Grateful like this.
  4. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Debora - so true about the selling aspect. "made in China", and not on paper.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Well, there you go. A retro decorative piece.

Debora

Figtree3, Christmasjoy and Jivvy like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The colors of the ship give it a military look. And it really stands out from the rest of the picture... appears to be floating outward towards the viewer, not on the water. Both of those aspects would make me like it as something unusual. Would be nice decoration on a cruise-themed bar in a basement somewhere. And I mean that in a positive way!

Draft saved Draft deleted