Featured Goofy teapot- let's all make a wish

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Marko, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Foud this today for $4. I collect teapots, so I bought it. Some questions- what type of metal/metals could it be? What is the style of the teapot called? I am thinking the trim, bottom, inner lid are brass? The inside teapot is silver colored. The outside of the teapot seems to be a dark gunmetal gray....probably not old, no marks. Thanks for your input.
    Lumii_20230707_173902186.jpg
    Lumii_20230707_173853493.jpg
    Lumii_20230707_173909435.jpg
    Lumii_20230707_173847610.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Can you get ONE closer, sharp image of the bottom????

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I will try tomorrow morning. I may be seeing things, but there looks like some kind of faint maker's mark inside the teapot.

komokwa likes this.
  4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

This is sharp, believe it or not. It's just what it looks like.
    Lumii_20230708_093718160.jpg
    Inside where you see the gleam seems to be some kind of faint mark inside. Lumii_20230708_094054000.jpg

Lumii_20230708_093801219.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I only found two similar vintage teapots Googling....
    Lumii_20230708_093601468.jpg Lumii_20230708_093510813.jpg

Figtree3, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Aquitaine

I'll check that tomorrow....too bleeping tired tonight.....suppose I shouldn't have read a book 'til 3:00a.m.!!!

Figtree3 and Marko like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I see it, too... but can't decipher it. Maybe @Aquitaine can help whenever she feels well rested.

Aquitaine and Marko like this.
  8. Aquitaine

@Marko, Well 'tomorrow' turned into Wednesday/today! but I can't say I made it readable!!! Can pick out a few of letters, but I don't think I can see enough to figure it out.... here's what show up with all my fiddling, and believe me, I wish there was something more I had in a program to pull these things out!!! For me, inverting often works best, along with picking a hue that helps letters stand out.....top image mostly has the colors worked out and letters appearing in a 'wave'...... the 2nd image, I tried to also sharpen and add some contrast..... maybe it's enough for someone familiar with these items to figure out???? Tried lightening the darkest spot....VERY unsuccessful! BTW, let your eyes focus.... more of the letters DO show up...especially in the top word!! It looks like (to me) it ends in 'ers' or 'erd'(could also be wrong:happy:)....

1ST CHANGES BLUR.jpg

ADDED FLTRS INVERT SHARPEN.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Thanks...I will try to maybe do a rubbing...it being on the inside is hard. I will also try a higher magnification. I think I will post this bugger on the metalware board, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted