Featured Goldfish container age

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chris Mount, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

I have a couple tonight brought this container because the lid is great any idea on age Probably not that old bu 15053903778935.jpg 15053903779636.jpg 15053903780267.jpg t any idea appreciated checked Gothenburg but no definitive answer I can see others may be more specific

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Help :) >
    Note that your comments are split up by the photos.
    You made some change after "bu" and then hit the full image button.
    ~
    If you want to fix it go to EDIT and copy the lines below the photos.
    Then 'cut' or 'backspace' them.
    Then paste them immediately after "bu". :)

Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

And isn't that a Carp (Koi)?
    ~
    Yes, I know, Goldfish are Carp. ;)

Christmasjoy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It could have been made anytime within the last 20 years. Looks like a covered soup dish but can't tell for sure without measurements. It's a good thing it's pretty because the value on these pieces is purely decorative. If you want to sell or collect older Chinese pieces, Chris, in general avoid anything that says "Made in China". After the US re-established trade with China (I believe it was the 1970's) pottery just started to pour into the US. You might find some depression era pieces marked that way but it would be unusual. There's lots of pretty Made in China pieces out there but their value is based solely on their aesthetic appeal.
    Don

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

On February 21, 1972, President Richard M. Nixon arrived in China for an official trip. He was the first U.S. president to visit the People's Republic of China since it was established in 1949. This was an important event because the U.S. was seeking to improve relations with a Communist country during the Cold War.

Draft saved Draft deleted