Gold tone necklace & bracelet identification help!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by LucyLocket, Jan 30, 2023.

1. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

I bought this necklace and bracelet set in a charity shop recently - it set me back the princely sum of £2!
    It is very nice quality and has a lovely "feel" to it. I have examined it thoroughly but can't find a makers mark. I wondered if the dots on the back of the clasps would mean anything? The necklace has four dots on one side of the clasp and just one on the other side. There is just one on each side of the bracelet clasp. Datewise I think it could be from the 1980s?
    Any help would be much appreciated. 20230130_143618.jpg 20230130_143824.jpg 20230130_145359.jpg 20230130_144821.jpg 20230130_143658.jpg 20230130_145450.jpg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Don't think those dots are a maker's mark, maybe more like a stamp resulting from production possibly?

It looks like a solidly made set, definite deal at what you paid. What comes to mind for me is Monet or similar, but of course unsigned, so hard to know. I think your time frame is correct, 1980s or more recent.

komokwa likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Some like this live in my Hoard. 80s.

Dessert58 likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm actually wondering about Avon. Some of their pieces are just marked with a circle with a dot in the center. But yep, 80s. It's a watch band-style chain.

5. LucyLocket

LucyLocket Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies.
    I did think it had a Monet-esque feel to it but all their jewellery seems to be signed/tagged. I had a look at Avon markings and found some items with a dot & circle but didn't look quite the same & had just one, not four! So I think the maker will remain a mystery! Not really too worried as I like it anyway - and it was a bargain whoever made it!

Draft saved Draft deleted