Featured Gold-Rimmed Wine(?) Glasses - identification of decade

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vannyg, Apr 6, 2017.

1. vannyg

vannyg Member

Hi there

I just joined today as I'm opening an vintage/antique booth this May. I have a pretty good knowledge of vintage items, mid-century and onwards, but when it comes to antiques I find the decades harder to differentiate between one another. I'm totally lost anywhere from the Edwardian era to about the 1940s.

I've been doing auctions lately and got these, along with many other gold-rimmed glasses. These have the most intricate detailing so I was curious about them and mainly wondering what these should be priced at. For all I know they are from the 90s lol, but let's hope not. They are about 5 inches tall and have a perfectly round glass.

Thank you:cat:
    image3.JPG
    image1 (1).JPG

image2 (1).JPG

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Saucer Champagnes, but if you label them tall sherbets, you are likely to sell them faster.

Can't help with the who, could be 1930s up to 1960s. Probably on the later end.

Debora, Joshua Brown, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Oh and Welcome to the board.

Joshua Brown and vannyg like this.
  4. vannyg

vannyg Member

Thanks so much!

Joshua Brown likes this.
  5. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Yes, Welcome, most questions get answered, most correctly.

It appears those are cut, rather than etched, which is more usual under the gold. Having said that, I'm going to guess (and it is a guess, I've never seen the cutting under gold like this before ) that they are post mid-century and an import from somewhere in Europe.
    Hopefully someone familiar with Replacements® will find them for you.

Joshua Brown, judy, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome vannyg, and good luck with your booth.
    Don't know anything about your glasses, other than that I like them.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Those are pretty RICH looking glasses!!!!:hungry::hungry::hungry: I could do sherbet out of them very easily!!!! And WELCOME aboard, vanny!!!! Best of luck with your new shop as well!!!!!:):)

Joshua Brown, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  8. ANelson11

ANelson11 New Member

I have the same pattern .. various styles ... tall champagne, wine, small 'shooter' size (aperitif?). Bought at auction. Can't remember what I paid. Did you learn anything more about them?

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

This thread is over 4 years old and the person who started it hasn't been back since then.

Draft saved Draft deleted