Gold Iberian Ring?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Gage Tarnaski, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

really want to know the date of this selling this on my site need to know date and origin such as Spanish or Portuguese

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

are these good enough

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

2D688B13-A4C2-4410-B401-01E4AEC18CBF.jpeg 7B611CA4-2BCD-4666-BB51-A226962EC779.jpeg 22F53BE2-FD27-4811-8677-BD3B56AEB2AC.jpeg
    Check Display all images Full Size next time, easier for all to see. Are there any markings on this?

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

What makes you say it is Iberian? Can we see the shoulders & the inside, please.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

This is a typical iberian piece..do you need more pictures?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

I am sorry i am new to this and no markings

7. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

it wont let me says pictures are too big;/

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  8. i need help

It’s fine, I posted them. Next time try to size photos to 1mb, and check that box. :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Welcome, Gage. Yes, the photos are the ones I wanted. You may know more about this type of jewellery than the rest of us do, but give it a little time for our worldwide community to have a look at it.

Do you have any information on the stones & the metal? Has any testing been done, or history that came with it? The color of the stones looks consistent with rubies.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

okay please help and where difd you post them my friend?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. i need help

Above, I just enlarge and reposted on your thread.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  12. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

Yes they are rubies one has been replaced, these types of rings are super rare and it is gold 12-15k hard to tell acid tested type in iberian ruby cluster ring and youll see ones just like this but sadly mine is missing stones im guessing 1750s but not sure

Christmasjoy, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  13. Bronwen

14. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

That second picture is my ring. Like I said I can find accurate literature on these, I have a Spanish librarian who knows these well and I can't get ahold of her ugh im so lost....

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  15. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

16. Bronwen

Surely Iberian, mid-17th to mid- 18th century, is close enough? If the people at medieval-rings.com couldn't get any more specific than southern Europe, not sure any of us can do better. Also not sure most potential buyers care whether it is Spanish or Portuguese or...

With the price of gold as high as it is, every karat counts

Where? I'm not seeing. You did mention one replacement & this will have to be included in a description.

Except it has fewer stones & the stones are garnets.

I'm sure some of our European members will have useful input.

Gage Tarnaski and Christmasjoy like this.
  17. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

The one I found has condition issues and stone replaced... Is yours also missing a stone? Or just replaced?

Your ring is better quality, from what I can see.

18. Gage Tarnaski

Gage Tarnaski Member

Missing a few small rubies and from what I can tell one Stone replaced, yes I just want to be as accurate as possible because this is a beautiful piece of history. Bronwen Thank you for your help, what do you mean in the description?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  19. Bronwen

Just stating what you already know: if you will be writing a description, you need to specify any shortcomings, as well as the strong points.

20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gage, it is stunning, I love it. And a positive for Iberian 18th century, maybe a bit earlier.

I am wondering if the split shank could be a later, but still antique, repair. With split shank I mean the way the ends of the band are forked.
    The side decorations could be part of the original shank, the band replaced when the original one was worn and broken.
    @kyratango your insights please?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted