Featured gold hallmarks identification HELP !

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Gadadver, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

Hello. I bought this ring for 8 euros in Austria. (7.8 gram ca 7.9 gram ) I discovered some gold hallmarks. I would like to know its origin and who made it? Something about hallmarks? I couldn't find anything on the net :( I think the ring is white gold..or?I have been struggling to find it for 3 months. I would be grateful for help?[​IMG][/url][/IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dessert58, Lucille.b, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Italian, star, 896 VI is the key, 896 is the maker's registration number in region VI (Vincenza)

Gadadver, bercrystal, mirana and 10 others like this.
  3. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

omg..I'll look now to see if I can find anything. thank you very much

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

And 585 is 14 carat gold.

Gadadver, mirana, Aquitaine and 7 others like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

With rectangle and star... Post-1968.

Debora

Gadadver, mirana, Bronwen and 5 others like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Great photos :)

Gadadver, Bronwen, johnnycb09 and 3 others like this.
  7. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

I have gold acid at home. I tested it, it is 14k. my head hurts when I tried to see the 3 digits that follow the star... the last two are 96 and I can't understand the first one.. 8? 3? 6? I looked for Italian brands and can't find them. I'm dying. I'm sorry if the pictures are blurry, I couldn't do better. Is there a site where I can find the brands?

Bronwen, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Do a Google search for jewelry companies in Vincenza and environs. There's 10 or so. You may be able to identify that way. And don't be shy about emailing companies and asking if your ring is their work.

Debora

Gadadver, Aquitaine, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  9. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

I will do that. good evening and thank you

10. Finnclouds

Finnclouds Well-Known Member

Gadadver and Bakersgma like this.
  11. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

I also found them and searched for them. Do these marks also apply to gold? I didn't find the one with 696? do you know the name of the one with 696? Thank you for your time and help, I appreciate it.

12. Finnclouds

Yes, that is the silversmith’s registration number so it also applies to gold.
    No, sorry, the silvercollection.it records don’t go as far as 696 and I have no other sources for Italian smiths.

There must be an official record keeper somewhere that issues those numbers but its identity seems to be a well-kept secret.

Gadadver likes this.
  13. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

14. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

15. Finnclouds

Great — the guys at 925 are really good and have good resources!

Unfortunately all of the three erstwhile candidates seem to have retired several decades ago. Then again, if the smith who actually made the ring wasn’t truly famous, his or her identity doesn’t usually make much difference in value. You know it’s gold, made in Italy and very nice!

FWIW, my money is on Livia Fusa (396) as she was even part of a group exhibiting her work at an expo in 1997.

Gadadver likes this.
  16. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

17. Finnclouds

Okay, found the site for registering marks

https://www.vi.camcom.it/it/servizi...marchio-identificazione-metalli-preziosi.html

And this is from the FAQ

Is it possible to know the company to which a precious metal identification mark in the province of Vicenza has been assigned?

YES . Send a request via e-mail: metrico@vi.camcom.it indicating the trademark number or the name or company name of the company. The Office will quickly and free of charge provide the name or company name of the assignee and the address of the registered office.

To obtain the complete list of assignees of precious metal identification marks in the province of Vicenza, you must contact the Office via e-mail: metrico@vi.camcom.it to define the amount of secretarial fees to be paid for the extraction of the positions based on the MISE Ministerial Decree of 2 December 2009

So they’ll charge you for providing the full list.

Gadadver likes this.
  18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Italian bureaucracy? Good luck with that!

Debora

Gadadver and Finnclouds like this.
  19. Finnclouds

But they promise! And “quickly and free of charge”, too!

(Add a suitable sarcastic emoji here. I don’t dare to guess…)

Gadadver and komokwa like this.
  20. Gadadver

Gadadver Member

I didn't look for the value, but out of curiosity. Anyway, I was told that it might not be produced in Italy because it has a different stamp... it was just put on the market by those in Italy. I don't want to know anything anymore because the other hallmark is even more unclear. I started drawing, I think I'm going crazy so I don't want to find out anymore:banghead::hungover:
    https://i.postimg.cc/zGZQJ0Xr/Screenshot-20240313-113012-Chrome.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/LXcWnTBL/CM240311-220354002.jpg

Finnclouds likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted