Featured Gold Earrings Maker Mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Thrifster, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

This is a pair of earrings I've had for a couple of years that I got out of a grab bag from the thrift store. I was never able to make out the mark on them and was wondering if anyone can make it out or what it may be. Thanks in advance for any information.

HPIM3052.JPG HPIM3054.JPG HPIM3055.JPG HPIM3056.JPG HPIM3059.JPG HPIM3060.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous earrings, Thrifster. Those leverbacks are used a lot in Europe, Egypt, and the Middle East.
    In spite of your perfect photos I can't read the marks very well, maybe someone else can work their magic on them.

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'm seeing them sort of jumbled, but I see an Arabic 8, a 5 & a zero. 850 gold is the equivalent of 21K.

4. Thrifster

Thanks for the information Any Jewelry and Bronwen. I tried to take better pictures of the mark which I'm posting below although I'm not sure they are much better.

HPIM7705.JPG HPIM7714.JPG HPIM7715.JPG HPIM7716.JPG

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Thanks, I think it is 10 with a symbol. 10 probably for 10k. I'll see if I can find the symbol in my books.
    Could be totally off.:oops:

Bronwen, i need help and judy like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They could easily be 10K, but the dangles look like they're probably costume or at least glass. People have been known to take a favorite pair of costume earrings and add karat gold findings when their ears react badly to the base metal.

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  7. Thrifster

evelyb30, the dangles are glass although I think they are original to the earrings.

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  8. evelyb30

If the dangles are original, check them for marks too just in case. You might get lucky and find a maker's mark.

i need help likes this.
  9. Thrifster

Thanks evelyb30, I checked the dangles and did not see any marks on them.

i need help likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

It wouldn't be the first time in jewellery history that gold is combined with pretty glass. And this glass is gorgeous.

i need help likes this.
  11. evelyb30

Check the glass too. Baccarat signs the glass on their jewelry and they use high karat gold.

12. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

93A12921-3B2D-4DE5-858B-8D14CDF2E226.jpeg Is this just a reflection?

13. Thrifster

Thanks evelyb30, I just checked the glass with a 10x loop and didn't see anything. Thanks i need help, you have a very good eye, there are 2 tiny lines or marks 1mm apart on each earrings but I think they are just where something clasped the finding to perhaps solder or weld the small ball on the other side of it.

i need help likes this.
  14. evelyb30

Oh well. That's about the size of French hallmarks sometimes. If those were the $$$ earrings they might be signed on the glass itself. If not, oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted