Featured Glassies: Green with orange strips glass vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Dec 12, 2023.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Very interesting vase that I haven't found any leads on. Perhaps someone here may know a little bit about it? About 6 3/4" tall x 5 1/2" diameter. Heavier than I would have suspected at 2.4# Thank you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

interesting design !!!

pearlsnblume, judy and *crs* like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Love the colors. Knee jerk is Chinese.Theyve gotten damn good at glass,to say the least.

4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I was afraid of that but was hoping not. There is some really nice looking glass coming out of China for sure

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

The lack of perfection around the top screams, "China" to me!

pearlsnblume, judy and *crs* like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They have over 2200 yrs practice, much longer than Venice, that helps.;)
    Absolutely. 'Chinese' doesn't sound good because of the large scale manufacture of fakes of any kind, but they make beautiful glass (as well as low quality).

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yup, and some made on Murano glass is awful.

johnnycb09, *crs* and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted