Featured Glassies: Daisy & Button Slipper

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Jun 20, 2024.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Good evening folks. Here's another one that has me banging my head against the wall :angelic: Would anyone happen to know the who dunnit on this Daisy & Button slipper? I have an amberina & an amber that are the same. I'm pretty sure it isn't Fenton. I have found 3 styles of this slipper. The cat head one(Fenton), one with a bow in place of the cat head(not Fenton per research in Fenton group) and this one which has a "V" where the Fenton cat head is. About 5" long x 2" high x 1 1/2" wide. These have a rather unique feature in my opinion. There is a recess under the toe that I can put my thumb in. Thank you.
    DBSlipper.png DBSlipper2.png DBSlipper3.png DBSlipper4.png DBSlipper5.png DBSlipper6.png

2. *crs*

Hmm, I believe I have found my answer with some help. Thanks for looking, Enesco 1950s British Hong Kong
    [​IMG]

3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

A common design. I see those all over the place, I think I even have a few in Vaseline/Uranium glass. I like the shape and size of the top hat - they come in handy for all sorts of small items.

pearlsnblume and Lucille.b like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume, Lucille.b and *crs* like this.
  5. *crs*

I was wondering about that Don but the Canton slippers are listed as 3". They look the same to me. Duncan & Sons also did them in this shape but I'm seeing 2 rows of buttons/eyes on theirs

Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted