Glassies: Brides basket? crimped glass dish with gold bowties producer?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, May 12, 2017.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Hey y'all!!! Taking a shot in the dark here and hoping someone may recognize who made this 12 1/4" crimped bowl? The color is somewhat difficult for me to describe. I think it may be called smoke but it seems to have a slight green tint to me. The decoration is 4 broken lines along the edge and bowties? inside the bowl. I'm at a complete loss as to may have done this piece.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I don't know who made this, but I'd say this is more 1960's than late 1800's, early 1900's. The holder is also saying 1960's. It might have been giftware. The smoky glass reminds me a bent glass souvenir piece a family friend gave my family in the 1960's, but this one doesn't have Cinderella's Castle on it.

Georges Briard did some designs for Glass Guild that are rectangular in shape with bent edges. Since it isn't signed, I doubt this is a Briard design, but it could be something done for Glass Guild

pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

1950s or 60s. Here, a lot of those were made by Chance Glass.

*crs* likes this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I kind of figured it was 1960s. Definitely not a Victorian Brides basket. I'll research Chance Glass and Glass Guild for similar items. Thanks for the leads.

Draft saved Draft deleted