Featured Glassies: Bottoms up? Tealight holder?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Jan 20, 2023.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Hey y'all! Got a little head scratcher here. I bought a pair of these just because :) Anyone have a clue as to what it is used for and for a bonus, who dunnit? These blue glass cones are 2 1/2" tall x 2 5/8" diameter. Made of rather thin glass. Suggested to be a bottoms up or a tealight candle holder in an FB group. PhotoRoom-20230116_194603.png PhotoRoom-20230116_194538.png PhotoRoom-20230116_194518.png

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Figtree3, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. *crs*

3. *crs*

The person that said it was a bottoms up told me that McKee did the ones with the lady on the cone and that many different glass companies in the 1920s & 1930s made bottoms up, including McKee, Fry, and many others. I've never seen one like this

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I had a few of the McKee bottoms up glasses with the Pat number. It was the nekkid lady one.
    Yours are a very pretty color, but that is all I know.

Figtree3 and *crs* like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

They look like they might have had stands at some point.

Figtree3 and *crs* like this.
  6. *crs*

The ones that held a tealight were in a stand. Seems to me kind of an awkward thing to set a tealight in. Would have to get it level before lighting. There are no rings that would indicate that had been in a stand before. I would think there would be some wear rings? This pic was provided in the FB group
    [​IMG]

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those do look like conical tea lights to me, missing a stand. If they were bigger, I'd have suggested martini glasses: the sort which sit in another round bowl glass holding ice.

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and *crs* like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted