Featured Glassies: Blenko? vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Aug 17, 2023.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Good evening folks. I suspect this 11 3/4" x 5" diameter dot optic vase is Blenko but not 100% sure. The dots can be felt inside the vase. Hopefully one of the very knowledgeable and kind folks can with verify that it is or maybe send me in the right direction. Thank you BlenkoVase.png BlenkoVase2.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wlwhittier, judy, TallCakes and 2 others like this.
  2. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

The polished pontil does not look like blenko to me, but just a thought. Wait for others who know more than me.

3. *crs*

Thank you. 1 one response in a Blenko group late last night suggested an import. I would think if it is an import that I would be able to find another one in my searches?

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Nope, but very nice. Did you run it through Google images? I assume so. With items like this, it's so hard to find another since most folks and businesses don't know terms like Dot Optic. It looks well made and I love the color.

wlwhittier, *crs*, judy and 1 other person like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I don't know either, but it is a lovely piece and the color is wonderful.

*crs* and judy like this.
  6. *crs*

Of course I did Pam ;) I get a lot of tumblers and pitchers. Mostly HA Dot Optic

Draft saved Draft deleted