Featured Glassies: Amethyst Art Glass Jack in the pulpit style dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Aug 17, 2022.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Good day folks. I need a little assistance with an ID for this somewhat jack in the pulpit style dish. About 5" tall at highest point x 5 1/2" wide. Rolled lip. Not hand blown (2 part mold seam). Slightly concave bottom (not flat). Thank you. Amethyst.png Amethyst2.png Amethyst3.png

Figtree3, ascot, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very pretty.........luv that color too ..

judy, pearlsnblume and *crs* like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That's my fave color.. purple. Great photos.

judy, komokwa and *crs* like this.
  4. Dyrektoressa

Dyrektoressa Member

So pretty!

judy and *crs* like this.
  5. *crs*

Thank you. I use an app on my phone called PhotoRoom. It is a background remover.
    I then save to phone gallery and edit to crop or lighten/darken whichever it
    needs

Figtree3, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Thanks I am going to give that a go next time I want to remove a background

judy and *crs* like this.
  7. *crs*

Some new info has came to light. It was suggested that this could be a Fenton #736 vase that has been reworked into a JIP but the #736 is panel optic while the #737 isn't. I did find one IDed as #737 with a rolled lip like mine on Etsy. I also found one like mine on Etsy IDed as Royal Glass Company but that company was only in operation about 5 years and became part of US Glass. One of the original owners went on to manage Fenton for several years. Found a great article online by Mr. Measell. Q&A: Royal Glass & Fenton: A History | News, Sports, Jobs - Marietta Times

Unfortunately, I still have no definitive answer

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Figtree3, judy and *crs* like this.
  9. *crs*

The examples of #736 & #737 I saw I thought the same on the foot. Mine isn't as conical as what I was seeing. The bottom of mine is concave but not nearly as those appear to be. I thought just maybe when it was reworked that maybe the foot was flattened out a tad also? I'll have check the foot diameter tomorrow.

judy likes this.
  10. *crs*

The foot diameter of mine is 3 1/4"

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted