Featured Glassies: Amberina Maple Leaf Compote 3 Branch Stem

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Mar 16, 2023.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Good evening folks. I'm trying help someone ID this lovely compote. They have found it listed as PV and L.D. Wright. I seriously doubt PV and was told a friend of theirs collect L.G. Wright and they have doubts as to Wright. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. 8 1/2” x 6 1/4 Thank you Talor.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

judy, Rclinftl, LauraGarnet02 and 8 others like this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    ola402, Lark, judy and 7 others like this.
  3. *crs*

Thanks Don. Do we know who reproduced Gillinder's pattern?

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Wright was known to have acquired many old molds, so Wright would have been considered to have reproduced this even tho' they would contract to have their glass made by others. I'm not finding an original compote form so it may be that wright had this special made or modified.

5. *crs*

Thank you Don. Your help is very much appreciated

6. *crs*

@TallCakes, recieved this info elswhere. FB_IMG_1679046620000.jpg It is LG Wright. Here is a 1966 LG Wright catalog page courtesy of The Glass Paper Fanatics

Draft saved Draft deleted