Featured Glassies,am I Moser ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Apr 15, 2024.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Picked this pretty thing up thinking it was neodymium.Definitely blue shows in it as well as purple. I found an example online showing 2 candlesticks and a vase,but it seems to be an orphan picture. I keep haunting that hoodwill hoping theres more than one but alas,not so far. Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Beautiful color! Forgive the dumb question, but is this the candlestick or the vase?

3. johnnycb09

Candlestick,but I was confused at first too !

judy, cxgirl, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  4. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Great color.

judy, cxgirl and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Love the color.

judy, cxgirl and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny! I am 99% sure it is neodymium! Beautiful piece. It's not reading as Moser to me. My first GUESS would be German made if older.
    That said, it's Hard to tell age....and it may be a newer piece from the Czech Republic , as they have been cranking out a lot of neodymium glass in the last few years. Either way it's a great find! I'll do a little searching to see if I can come up with some info!

judy, cxgirl, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  7. Bdigger

I've been looking and not found anything to match. What is throwing me off is the lobed design of the candle cup on top. That is not a common feature on any of the older ones I'm seeing. (in fact I haven't run into ANY with that design.) That is making me think it is falling into the newer catagory. (which isn't a necessarily a bad thing).

judy, cxgirl, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  8. johnnycb09

Thank you Bdigger ! This image is the only one I found that looks like mine,but it doesnt seem to lead anywhere. Thats why I called it an orphan picture.Its attached to Collectors weekly but darned if I could find it.
    [​IMG]

Figtree3, komokwa, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

beautiful piece johnny:) the 'orphan' photo on the CW site is from someone that I thought was a member here but I can't find them. Or maybe I just recognize the name from the old Ebay boards?
    Maybe give it a try posting on the art glass FB group?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/473306222724316

johnnycb09, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. johnnycb09

Thank you.I will try that. :)

11. Bdigger

Johnny, The orphan picture gives me a clue. The vase in the middle is German Made. Often they are posted as Moser, and I'm sure they are not Moser. I have had several come through my hands and a couple had a Germany Sticker which I believe. No company name on the sticker, just Made in Germany.
    What was bothering me is the base of your candlesticks looks right to be older, but the top style looked newer, but now I believe that the candlesticks are contemporary with the vase which is older. If you have a good fluorescent light source check the color change, it should turn to a definite blue. A nice strong blue would be a good indicator that it is older.

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. Bdigger

Found a picture of the vase with the sticker.\
    vases.jpg

Figtree3, komokwa, J Dagger and 5 others like this.
  13. johnnycb09

My little blacklight died so I have to get a new one but the bottom of that vase sure looks like mine ! Thank you so much Bdigger,you are awesome !

14. Bdigger

Johnny......Fluorescent light .....not Blacklight.
    Will be purple in incandescent light and blue in fluorescent light.
    I'm sure it is German as I first thought. Germany made some good quality Alexandrite color glass. Keep looking for the matching candlestick. I would guess a pair of them would sell around $150.

15. johnnycb09

Zoinks ! I had no idea ! To be honest I didnt know about this glass until I sent a piece as a Christmas gift and my recipient clued me in.I will get a light asap and let yall know the results.

Figtree3, pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted