Glass - vase age and identification help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Abegweit, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Abegweit

Abegweit Active Member

Hello

Picked up a couple of vases recently and I am unable to identify one of them.

They are the 2 middle ones in the top of this picture. I was able to identify the smaller one as an Imperial Glass crocheted crystal piece, but have had no luck with the tripod rocket / trumpet type vase.

It may be modern and if so I apologize in advance for this post, but beyond the art deco style, it has bubbles and other imperfections in the glass along with hint of amethyst that would suggest age

I've been stumped before and have received some great help from the forum. Any feedback would be appreciated. - Thanks

IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG

judy and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Most of the Rocket vases tend to be 1930s Art Deco period.

My first impression of the glass quality is Duncan or Heisey. That's where I would start looking. Hopefully will lead to the correct maker.

judy likes this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I can assure you it's not from Heisey.

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted