Glass triple candleholder w/ epergne

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Feb 24, 2016.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have looked through all 3 of the Felt & Stoer books twice as well as trying all of the different descriptive words I can think of on Replacements but I still can't pin this one down. :(

I am sure someone out there will show me up by the end of the day & frankly it would be just fine with me. :p:p:p

It measures 6 7/8" to the top of the outer candle cups, 10 1/2" to the top of the vase, 7 3/4" across candle cup to candle cup, & is 9" across side edge to side edge.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss:

Peggy

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Can't help with i.d. but . . . I love it, love it, love it, especially because its "dual purpose."

3. bercrystal

Thanks yourturn!! :happy:

I wish there was a pair, but it was a single that came along with some other pieces on a shelf lot.

Peggy

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's lovely.

I don't have any of my glass books or links with me but it could be L.E.Smith, it has that type of look to it.

5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I did not spot it in Felt & Storer's 3 volumes.

6. bercrystal

It is not LE Smith. I just looked through Tom Felt's book & it is not listed.

Thanks for checking those again George.

Peggy

antidiem likes this.
  7. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

I think that it may be Fostoria Glass. Just my guess. Probably Elegant Depression glass.

8. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Fostoria was my 1st thought also. However the rubber cushion/fitter on the epergne horn says post WW2 to me and likely for a mass marketer. I did not notice that right off. There is a candlestick group on FB that may be able to help

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thank you Peggy! :)

10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

George, I look for those rubber cushions all the time because so many older items can fit too loose in their slots. I have been known to use one on an old item, so it's possible this was not original to the item. But even so, I think you're correct about post WWII.

Draft saved Draft deleted