Glass Thingy

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by NextMove, Nov 15, 2017.

1. NextMove

NextMove Member

Im sure these containers IMG_2283.JPG have a specific name, I just dont know it! Found it out in the garden. Im sure Ive seen things like this that were worth something, I suppose it all depends on how much that something is :)

Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

:)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Bless Patty, NextMove, you must live in a (very) temperate climate if you found that out in the garden. ;)

It would also seem that "the garden" doesn't have many critters running about to and fro and getting into mischief. ;)

4. NextMove

NextMove Member

Not sure who Patty is, but I'll bless her too, wouldnt want her to get upset :) Hmm temperate? Let me think....South of England? But the info was a bit misleading, Dads old workshop cupboards had been put out in the garden, the first year with no covering and it was in there, sat on the soil.

5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

If you're looking for something to compare it to, you might try searching...spatter glass basket, rigaree handle.
    Nice find, as others have said, you must live in a very temperate climate.

Any Jewelry, Bronwen, judy and 3 others like this.
  6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

NextMove, "Bless Patty" is just an old saying around where I live. It may have originally been "Bless Paddy," but that is not how I (and others in my region) pronounce/spell it. ;)

7. NextMove

NextMove Member

Might it be a Morano?

KingofThings and judy like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Might Morano be Murano?

Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
  9. NextMove

NextMove Member

Oops, shouldn't have made that mistake being half Italian!

10. Bronwen

11. Bronwen

12. NextMove

NextMove Member

Thank you. The penny has dropped. My Mum was born in the Veneto region of Italy, we visited Venice a few times :) Apparently, Murano glass, since 1996, has a mark in the glass to show where it comes from.

Draft saved Draft deleted