GLASS question about the retail value of a NEW Blenko vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mansons2005, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have four of these, with the tags. The retail price tag on them is $80!!!! Is this a realistic price? Do you think I would be able to unload them at around $60 w/ free shipping each?

Thanks for any guidance

Blenko #5904 Vase Spring Green Classic Baluster Optic Pattern 10.25” Tall 13929830.jpg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I would think half retail would be realistic.

3. Mansons2005

Thanks!
    I try for 1/2 but then with free shipping?????? The vase alone weighs 2.5 lb.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. Mansons2005

I think that is the same piece. Total sale price $26! I sell on another venue, but I think I'll have to lower mine to $30 with free shipping (note that they all have the tag) to unload them.

Thank you big squooshy bunches!

6. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Manson, please let me know where and how you found the same vase at $26.

I had searched and found some non-sales, but at $79 lowest and was going to advise a half price, no free shipping. Then came back to see your last post.

7. say_it_slowly

If you look at the Ebay link the vase sold for $14.99 plus shipping which was $11. to my location so I think that's where he got the figure.

*crs* likes this.
  8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I really hate to see Blenko vases. !2 years ago I was driving past a store down the shore who was going out of business. There were 100's of Blenko vases, all shapes and colors and sizes. They were all marked 5 to 12 dollars. Being involved with Depression Glass and earlier stuff, I never heard tell of Blenko. When I got home I looked them up, they were sooooo pretty. I almost fainted when I saw the prices they were bringing. I could not wait to get back down and see what was left. The next week we drove down and they were all gone and the store empty. It was a depressed area just in from the shore. I hope someone made a killing and the owners did not just dump the glass.
    greg

9. Mansons2005

I deduced from the eBay listing Say it Slowly linked to.

10. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Thanks, but that was a dumb question. I had not scrolled down far enough. Just stopped at the same vase at $80.

11. Mansons2005

I have to admit, that while I have no money into them, I am a bit disappointed in the market value of these.I thought I was going to spend Christmas on the Rivera.......guess the living room will have to do..........AGAIN!!!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. say_it_slowly

I know I've got a few pieces of Blenko I've just left sitting on a shelf not wanting to be bothered to have to pack for very little return. I know that they nearly closed a few years ago due to some money problems and I just found this which could be an indicator of their future if EPA tightens up. Not that I'd like to any business close but it might drive the value up a bit.

http://www.statejournal.com/story/32948558/epa-rule-change-could-shut-blenko-glass-co

13. Mansons2005

But to continue on my self-pity rant, the rise in value will be too late for me...........sigh...........oh me, oh my, what ever will i do???:greedy::greedy::greedy:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  14. say_it_slowly

Well stop that kind of talk:kiss: The last time they were "closing" I think things sold at a brisk pace so who knows. They sure have produced a lot of stuff.

15. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Mansons2005 - There is a Blenko group on Facebook. They allow sales so you might try selling there first. I'd put one up at $40 with offers considered and take it from there. If they don't show much interest in a couple of days you can try eBay. I wouldn't offer free shipping even from my area (Indiana). They just weigh too much. One sale to California and you might as well have given it away.
    Don

16. Mansons2005

THanks! And thanks for helping me make up my mind.............I sell on Bonanza and Craigslist these days, I don't even have an eBay selling account any longer - haven't for 10 years.

I lower my price and take off free shipping and we'll see what happens...........

17. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

pearlsnblume likes this.
  18. Mansons2005

Thanks MSgood2shoe. Not sure it helps in this market, but it IS nice to know. Much appreciated!

Draft saved Draft deleted