Featured Glass paperweight 3D-like egg. Many photos of signature --can anyone ID?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Got a number of signed glass paperweights at a recent sale. Most I could ID, but not this one. Any luck? Is it hopeless?

egg3b.jpg egg3bb.jpg egg3bbt.jpg egg3r.jpg egg3rr.jpg egg3rrrr.jpg egg3rrt.jpg egg3rrtt.jpg

2. Lucille.b

Ohh, darn it! In looking at other "signed art glass eggs" on Ebay trying to match a signature, realized this is maybe intended to be lit up from the base. AND.... I feel like I saw a light up base like thing at the same sale way on the other end (huge church sale) and didn't get it. Didn't put two and two together. :depressed:

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I thought I saw "Robertson"? LOVE this.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think there’s a thread around here too on glitter with a light vase.
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/what-is-this-type-of-art-glass-called.28643/#post-379907

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  5. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it might be R.W. STEPHEN - or perhaps STEPHAN(?) - he was a rather prolific maker of glass paperweights in the 1980's. First name ROBERT, I believe.

6. Lucille.b

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! I still hadn't been able to figure that signature out. What a great way to start the day. :happy:

SBSVC, cxgirl, Lucille.b and 3 others like this.
  9. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

You might want to contact the auction house and see if the base sold and if so to whom. Maybe they would be willing to sell it to you - cheap!
    Patd

Lucille.b and i need help like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Good idea, but it was a giant outdoor church sale. Long gone, I'm afraid. Might have even sold.

In fairness, I could be wrong about the base matching. It was just a plastic piece, nothing too fancy, but had a hole in the center and I could see a light underneath. Was clearly meant for something just like this. I remember thinking, "that could come in handy one day ...for something". But also trying not to buy anything that I "...might use one day". Just sticking to resale items or things so great that I want them in my own home for decoration or use. Honestly it was probably priced at .25 -- maybe less, could have even been .10. That kind of sale. But I don't want extra stuff, trying to be careful. In this business accumulation is a risk, lol!

I was at this sale for over an hour, just perusing. They were putting some new items out and so far the pickings had been AWESOME. I have kind of a specific memory for odd things-- maybe others have this here, too. Anyway, I don't remember seeing this item twice, I would have had the same conversation in my brain as above , a 2nd time, and that didn't happen.

No huge matter. Maybe I can enlist DH or DD or set up some scientific lighting system.

Cheers.

11. Lucille.b

12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

13. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

The lighted bases are available on eBay for under $10. If you think it’s worth it. :)

judy, Lucille.b, cxgirl and 1 other person like this.
  14. Lucille.b

Thank you Cx and Anund!

judy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted