Featured Glass Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by George James, Sep 2, 2020.

1. George James

George James Member

Shot in the dark..I've seen glass mushroom lamps online by Italian artists, but I really have no knowledge on how to identify one artist from another. The largest one seen here is a lamp and the other two are just decor pieces.. I purchased them all together. The lamp does feature European polarity prongs. JW if anyone could help identify these any further, either way, thanks IMG_20200901_214140149.jpg IMG_20200901_214152704.jpg IMG_20200901_214221971.jpg IMG_20200901_214238568.jpg IMG_20200901_214210081.jpg IMG_20200901_214146918.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HA!!! I LOVE it, but I can't find one like it!!!!:( Hoping someone else can!!!

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi George!

I also have a mushroom lamp....a bit different from yours, but perhaps google will be able to help.

Mine has it's original signature....Vetri, Murano.

mushroomlamp.jpg mushroomlamp1.jpg mushroomlamp2.jpg mushroomlamp3.jpg

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Those unpolished rims give me pause. Heres mine (excuse the mess!) it had a sticker identifying it .
    [​IMG]

5. johnnycb09

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Thank you Johnny.........

It's kept in a large window (supposedly for plants, but houses anything but) and I light it at night for perfect area lighting.

Mine has a clear label with the Vetri printing. It is placed on the outside of the lamp, under the top dome.

I did a quick Google and I can't find my exact one either, but similar. Wow....the prices! I got mine at a house sale over 25 years ago. I absolutely do love it. I think I paid $20. for it....maybe $25, but not over that.

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

What do the unpolished rims suggest?

I have no idea and never really thought anything about it.

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. johnnycb09

Chinese made. Also,the glass on his seems so unpolished,whereas any other examples online that are Italian are like ours. But I could be wrong !

9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Thank you.............:cat:

Bronwen and James Conrad like this.
  10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Judy love your lamp. I had a plastic mushroom lamp back in the 70's. I think it was sunny yellow.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Bronwen likes this.
  11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I've got one of these Laurel ones, in this color:

[​IMG]

Ah, the 60s!

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  12. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

The mushrooms are sooo cute!

Bronwen likes this.