Glass Lamp Font

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SKCCOAST, Jun 13, 2014.

1. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

This painted glass font (think that is the correct term) is in a local TS but missing parts. It is electric. I just love the font and wondered about the design and color of glass. Clambroth? Some type of milk glass? Does the design have a name.
    Thanks for looking and I only have one photo taken with my phone.

Sharon lampbase.jpeg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Looks like a milk glass but some might call opal. Nice pattern just needs a good cleaning.
    greg

3. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

Opal, that's the word I was looking for! Thanks Greg.

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Be careful with cleaning! The decoration looks like cold paint and might wash right off. The style of painting looks 1960s-ish to me.

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I've never used the term "opal" unless the glass is actually opalescent. Perhaps this is just my own preference, but I'd not want to accidentally mislead a potential buyer.

@SKCCOAST

6. SKCCOAST

SKCCOAST Active Member

Thanks for all the replies. I was looking for all the names that milk glass might have. Clam broth probably comes the closest to the color of this font. I knew there were other names for milk glass types of which opal was one that I couldn't remember.

Draft saved Draft deleted