Glass Help EAPG Spooner & Purple Slag Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Have 2 glass pieces I need some help to identify. The first is what I believe is an EAPG spooner. It is six panelled with three tripod legs, Measures 6 1/4" tall and is 4" wide (5" including the legs). The second piece is a purple glass bowl, don't know if slag glass is the correct term for this or not. Has a leaf and berry pattern around the edge that at one time was completely done in gold, but only has a small amount left. This measures 11 1/4" wide and is 3 3/4" deep.

DSCF8142 - Copy.JPG DSCF8143 - Copy.JPG DSCF8144 - Copy.JPG DSCF8145 - Copy.JPG DSCF8146 - Copy.JPG DSCF8147 - Copy.JPG DSCF8148 - Copy.JPG DSCF8149 - Copy.JPG DSCF8150 - Copy.JPG DSCF8151 - Copy.JPG

Tina and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't know nuthin about glass....but I know what I like....& I like both of those !!!

Nice finds Josh !!!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

It is Cambridge Glass opaque color called Helio.
    I found it here in the elegant glass section:
    http://chataboutdg.com/gallery/img19594.search.htm
    Cambridge # 39 Special Article Bowl
    Special Article #39 bowl; the color is Helio.
    Keywords: helio*, purple, lavender

If you go to this page and type in the word
    Helio a page with seven examples will come
    up. You can see some pieces with the same
    decoration as your bowl.
    http://chataboutdg.com/gallery/cat74.htm

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

lauragarnet tahnks for the Cambridge Helio identification. Now hopeing someone knows about the spooner.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Can't ID it, but my first impression of the vase/celery is that it is much later, possibly deco, but more likely Eastern European (Germany/Poland/Czechoslovakia - like that) and from the period 1950s-'70s. That's entirely a guess. I searched the term "rocket vase" but didn't find anything.

6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Could also be an

7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

EAPG era sugar missing its lid

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I don't need any more glass - repeat 100 times. LOL. I LOVE the first piece.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    I agree I love it also. Reminds me of my deco ice crushers. I had the "rocket" shaped bottom in black Bakelite, red clear plastic, translucent jade green plastic and splatter glass opaque. greg thCAY47Y45.jpg

10. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Boy, you'd think that 6-sided hexagon shape would make the first piece easy to find and ID, but it sure hasn't been the case.

11. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the replies. I thought the first piece might be fairly easy to identify, but it has definitely been a challenge. Will try searching some Art Deco and European pieces.

Draft saved Draft deleted