Glass folks,any opinions?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Jun 22, 2014.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I picked up this millefiori(?) cobalt vase,and it had a 'made in Italy' sticker on it but I seriously have doubts about that. I think its Chinese,but Ive yet to see another quite like it.Any and all input would be appreciated. DSCN2729.JPG DSCN2744.JPG

Tiffany jones likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

Sorry,didn't realize the 1st pic didn't show it was cased. DSCN2743.JPG

3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

It doesn't have the Chinese feel for me. I think Italy is a solid possibility, BWDIK

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I had a vase that had this white lining and had stretch millefiori flowers and found out it was from Teleflora. I actually found mine on their website.

5. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Telaflora commissioned some nice vases. One I see misidentified quite often is a Yellow and Brown cameo glass oak leaf decorated vase. Very nice.....have seen some listed as Galle.....Also they ade Several vases in Alexandrite. Also they made an orange ruffled compote with black edging which is often listed as Chech Tango. When I run across a tela flora vase at a Garage sale....I'll buy it and put it away.....I have a feeling that one day in the not too distant future these will have a pretty solid followiing.

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I agree. Except I've run out of places to "put things away!"

7. johnnycb09

I agree,Bev ! I JUST had a major cleanout(again) and 6 months later Im right back to where I was ! Its ridiculous,but I cant help myself ! I could see this being Teleflora,its not high quality as such,but not dollar store either,so for $2 I gave it a shot.

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

We lost a corner cabinet when we did some remodeling and I packed up all the glassware that was in it. Recently, with this house cleanout, I got six sets of those gorgeous cordial glasses. I listed one but squirreled the others away. They're small. They don't take up much room. :)

9. johnnycb09

I think(via the other board) it may very well be Murano.They posted a link that is almost exactly like mine.

10. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

Similar items have been showing up at our local auction with murano stickers - like this[​IMG]

11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think there's a Venezuelan glass company that calls itself Murano. If something was from the island of Murano, I would expect it to say made in Italy

12. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

The label roughly translates to

"glassware murano style art"

Draft saved Draft deleted