Glass Compote ID - ID Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by FunkeysFinds, Jul 7, 2014.

1. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Hello -

I believe this is a compote, is that correct? The glass is a solid light blue, with some areas of white. I don't believe it is actual slag glass, yet it is in that family, I suppose. Slag Glass (to me) looks more like Akro Agate.

It does not have any marks - I found like compotes attributed to Fenton and Westmoreland, but those would/should be marked.

It measures 3 1/2" tall by 5 1/2" wide.

Any input would be valued. This was purchased with other glassware and pottery that seemed to be vintage.

Thank you,

Cory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

The interior pattern is question mark, the exterior of the bowl Georgia Belle, and Puzzle AKA Double fish hook on the base. It was made by Dugan in non carnival and carnival glass. I don't know if any company got the molds later and produced it. I don't think so though.

Yes, it is a compote.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  3. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Skeezix -

Thank you, that information is fantastic to have. I'm being trying be better about asking for help on pieces I know nothing/little about rather than putting them back into inventory and moving onto something else.

Thanks to you, I'll spend some learning a little about Dugan. I try and educate myself that way...

4. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Glad to help:happy:.

Draft saved Draft deleted