Glass candy dish - dime store glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Feb 5, 2016.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Anyone recognize this covered dish? It gives me a Hazel Atlas / Jeannette / Federal vibe, but I've been unable to come up with a maker or name. I thought it might be one of the common "Five & Dime Store" patterns. I've searched the usual places, trying keywords like "waffle", "block", and "square". I also thought it might be part of a vanity set, so included powder puff terms, but no luck.

It's 5.5" diameter, and sits 4" high. Thanks!

IMG_8689.JPG
    IMG_8692.JPG
    IMG_8691.JPG
    IMG_8690.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

At that size it might well be be a powder. I remember the the candy dishes as being larger.

3. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Thanks, Messilane. It is on the small side to be a candy dish. It holds my jumbo Life Savers Wint-o-greens perfectly, though. :happy: I've had the dish forever, and was sure I'd run across the pattern sooner or later. I had to restock and clean it, so thought I'd take the opportunity to ask.

Messilane and KingofThings like this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Ribbon candy was put in these too so it seems too small for that, to me, as well.

5. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Any pings? I'll guess no but say it is attractive.

I wouldn't rule out candy dish. I don't know how big a jumbo live saver is, but I can imagine it chock full with assorted color M&Ms or jelly beans.

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I think it's a powder dish, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted