Glass Bottle Decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Oct 8, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I don't see any age signs so probably recent. Any idea of maker/origin?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jen and George

Jen and George Well-Known Member

Don't know age but a friend has one that says London Red Wine and I don't think it is very old.

3. kardinalisimo

He got the same one? Paper label?

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've seen vinegar in similar bottles, but my guess would be late 60s to early 70s. I smell a shag rug and basement paneling lurking around that thing.

Jen and George and gregsglass like this.
  6. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

7. Jen and George

Jen and George Well-Known Member

Called her to check on label. She said it has a partial label. She didn't want to "dig it out of her basement" to see exactly what it said. She thought she got it in a shop in
    Called her today. Said yes it has a partial paper label just as I remembered. But hers has a screw top cap. Her brother owned a bar and she has all kinds of strange things that he received as gifts. All that is legible on the label is Londo (figure that means London)

8. kardinalisimo

Thanks for all the links. So, the Spanish recycled glass one has a cork like mine but no handle. The London wine bottle is with handle( can't tell for sure if applied) but screw cap. I guess more than one maker and country made similar pieces?

Draft saved Draft deleted