Give Away - Carte de Visite - Little Girl

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by moreotherstuff, Mar 16, 2023.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I saw this online cheap, and the little voices said, "Buy it, then give it away." So that is my intent.

Offered to actively participating, well-known members. We’ll see what the situation is Tuesday evening. Free really cheap poorly packed shipping.

1ca.JPG

1cb.jpg

1c.jpg

2. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

An Easter outfit, complete with basket...or perhaps Confirmation? Ain't she sweet? Thanks, MOS!
    Count me in, please...

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

She is too young for Confirmation. In those days a child was usually seven. Nowadays it is usually later.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I am not in but she is absolutely precious. :happy::happy:

5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

@moreotherstuff I'm not in either, I just have to say, what a sweet little picture and what a sweet little you.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Whenever I see older German images like that, I wonder if they survived.

moreotherstuff likes this.
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think much the same whenever I see old pictures - or old movies.

Easter hadn't occurred to me, but it's a good match for the dress-up and bonnet. I also hadn't considered that we are now so close to Easter.

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Adorable! This is an early 20th-century image. 1900-1910, most likely. I can tell by the clothing. CDVs were common in Europe for much longer than they were in the U.S.
    Although I want to be in, I just won a give away recently and want to give others a chance, so... Somewhat reluctantly, I'm not in. :(

On the plus side, I have hundreds of images in my photo collections at this point. And I don't purposely collect photos of children. Except when they are really cute, like this one.

bercrystal and moreotherstuff like this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The person who had this online had dozens of others, mostly adults, but some others of children, most just ordinary pictures of ordinary people. You look at a lot of anything, you'll get to the point where some things are just ordinary, some seem sub-standard and some are eye catching. I think this one has an extra bit.

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if that is her Easter outfit. Wonder if she hates that bonnet as much as I hated some of mine.

moreotherstuff and bercrystal like this.
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Easy call!

@wlwhittier : It's all yours. Please message me your address and I'll get it in the mail.

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The hat, and at that age the SHOES. I've never known a little kid who liked shoes, and those button things must have been a horror.

moreotherstuff and Bronwen like this.
  13. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

Judging by the delicacy and ornateness of her outfit, methinks her Nanny buttoned her up -- top to bottom.

Draft saved Draft deleted