GIORGIO PICHI JEWELLER..800 silver..????

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Bigfoot, Sep 2, 2024.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

DSCF6507.JPG DSCF6508.JPG DSCF6519.JPG HELLO ALL...its been a while..i bumped into this nice piece of 800 silver but ive checked google and ebay and i cant find any information on this bowls maker View attachment 497250 View attachment 497251 View attachment 497250 View attachment 497250 View attachment 497251 View attachment 497251 ...its small and weighs 1 ounce..theres a round label on the base that says ...GIORGIO PICHI JEWELLER....parts of the label are clear and above the ship there an 800 hand punched mark thats 100% punched into the silver...does anyone know anything about this maker...thanks in advance for your help....ANDY

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2024
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

There's the chance that Giorgio Pichi, Jeweller, had a shop that sold objets de vertu in addition to jewellery. I'd be reluctant to mess with the sticker, but it may be hiding info about the actual maker.

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

my micro scope camera is saying file too large so i took photos of the screen....there the letter F to the right of 649 but after the F its covered by the gold band

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The punch marks are in the center of the label with parts scratched away to reveal? If so, I would continue scratching away that label to reveal the entire mark. I think the label represents the retailer and is of little consequence. Removing the center of it would not destroy the provenance of the label and would reveal the more important maker information.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

i took a hair dryer and heated it up from the inside and the label peeled right off...besides the 800 mark this is the only other mark...im adding one more photo...thx again andy

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

FI is Florence.

verybrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted