Gino Mazzuccato Aventurine Bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bdigger, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I also found this the other day in my Garage Sale digging. I've also held on to this for awhile, It is hand blown and signed on the bottom with what I believe is Gino Mazzuccato Murano. It also has a sticker that reads Mazzuccato Gaetano-Gino Vetreria Artistica Murano Italy. there is a thread of glass that winds around the bottle and ends up forming the handle. It has gold flecks all the way through the glass and a lot on the bottom. I'm not sure if it should have a stopper or not. The inside neck is not worn at all or frosted. I have googled this many times and not come up with any useful info or camparables. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      456.1 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      282.8 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      850.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Bdigger. I would agree your piece is from Gino Mazzuccato and was made in Murano, Italy. Here is his site and maybe you can contact him and he can tell you more on the production date, etc. It's a lovely piece, btw.

http://www.ginomazzuccato.com/

Bdigger likes this.
  3. Bdigger

Leah, Thank you for your input and the link to his site. I appreciate you taking the time to help!
    Welcome to the Board! I hope you'll like it here!

Leah Goodwin likes this.
  4. Leah Goodwin

Leah Goodwin Member

Hi Bdigger! Glad to be of help. That is why I wanted to join. So far so good. Having a great time and thank you for the warm welcome. :)

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  5. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Well, it is a nice piece of Murano glass but nothing really out of the ordinary.
    It doesn't hold a candle to your other...SPECTACULAR....work of glass art.

6. Bdigger

LOL Don! I was hoping lightning would strike twice! Dang it!

Draft saved Draft deleted