Gerold Tettau piece?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jaime Riggs, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

Been researching this for awhile, I have found several Gerold Tettau pieces that look identical except for the colors, but they all have the GT backstamp. This one is only marked "Bavaria". There were periods when Tettau pieces were marked with paper labels. My question, when they used the labels, did they not use the backstamps? In other words, could this be a Tettau piece with a missing label? Thanks for any help.

IMG_20230608_094630300_HDR.jpg a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg

Houseful and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I think this was a little night table or boudoir lamp. If it was Tettau, I'd expect to see a mark. I'm thinking this might be one of many German factories in the Bavarian region and might not be able to pin down an ID easily. Pre-WW2 for date, I think, as the colonial/18th c. styled figurines were a popular design pre-war.
    @Chris Marshall

Jaime Riggs likes this.
  3. Jaime Riggs

Thanks Chris!

4. Jaime Riggs

Oh, and it is a candle holder, it is missing the candle cup that fit over the end, although I have seen a few that have been wired as lamps.

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The hole at the back (not the one on the bottom) is for the electric cord. However, it could be used as a candle holder, I suppose. I'm not Chris, I was tagging him to see if he had anything he could add. He has a website devoted to German factories, their history and marks. www.porcelainmarksandmore.com I'm Wendy, aka kentworld. ;)

Jaime Riggs and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted