Germany Pottery Vase Stamp / Hallmark Info. help.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Wanttoknow, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

Very nice white with black, cobalt, orange and more. It is: 7"H, 5" dim top & 3 1/2" dim bottom.
    There are few marks at the bottom:
    Molded: some animal and sign; stamped: some information, numbers and "Germany" and separately: 53.
    I could read only: "Germany" and number "53" from all showing information at the bottom. I even couldn't recognize what animal is molded. Was searching for Germany pottery hallmarks, but no luck. (I am posting maybe too many pictures of hallmarks DSC01929.JPG DSC01921.JPG DSC01923.JPG DSC01924.JPG DSC01925.JPG DSC01926.JPG DSC01927.JPG DSC01928.JPG , but think it will help to read it.)
    Please help.
    Thanks,
    Inessa

Attached Files:

lauragarnet and cxgirl like this.
  2. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Well-Known Member

This faience was created at a a factory normally known more for it's porcelain products; even knowing that often does not ring a bell with people as the company in question was not playing in the common Who's Who league of German factories.

It was made at the factory of Ernst Dorfner & Cie. (a.k.a. Dorfner & Compagnie in the old grammar form; later written as Dorfner & Co.) from the Bavarian town of Hirschau.

The mark shows a stag jumping right to left. The town name of Hirschau is a name drawn together from Hirsch (deer) and Aue (a toponymy standing for "island; river island; wetland").

Shown inmold mark reads Echt Fayence above Hirschau, representing "Real Hirschau Faience"; the initials H K K stand for Hirschauer Kunst-Keramik = "art ceramics from Hirschau"

Shown mark form is of course only found on their faience items and was used "... um 1914...", around 1914.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  3. Wanttoknow

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It is so interesting information! WOW! :)

lauragarnet and yourturntoloveit like this.
  4. Wanttoknow

@Chris Marshall, I marked your answer as: Best Answer several hours ago, but I just opened your profile and there is showing: Best Answers "0"!!!!
    Moderators!!!! Hello???:confused:

lauragarnet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted